• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone ID this brown fluff

Abarth_1200

30L betta tank, this is after 2 days away, lights hardly on, I did a small dose to co2 and fertiliser. And I had placed Indian almond leaves in too. Is it just the leaves decaying that's causing this, sometimes it's not so bad but after just 2 days I have this mess to clear up. Some things are stained pretty bad like the moss balls. Any ideas?

2E4F69AC-33F6-431A-B9DA-EC2B7C37EF51.jpeg

Sometimes, this crud appears in new set-ups!
Syphon the crud away every few days....maybe look adding as small internal filter as well as the sponge filter till the aquarium is established.
hoggie

The tank has been running for about a year, I do struggle with low ph and kh I wonder if this is possibly hindering my bb growth in the sponges. One sponge has been running for a year and a few weeks ago I got a double soonge filter with media trays at the bottom which I filled with biohome from my other ranks external filter, so I find it hard to believe it's down to a new tank.

Side note, this is a temporary tank until my scaped one is finished and cycled/ soil etc has leaked its ammonia before I place fish into it

Think it's just a case of regular manual removal but check for no "rot" maybe decay on the wood. Think this happened on one of @Tim Harrison aquariums maybe it's a journal were a lovely piece started rotting

More information would be helpful as below!
hoggie

Back