• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone using ADA Aqua Gravel?

parotet

Hi all

I want to try for my next layout a Tropica bottom substrate capped by gravel, leaving a quite significant part of the substrate unplanted. I don't like very light cosmetic substrates as they look quite unnatural IMO and I've come across ADA Aqua Gravel which has a very interesting combination of colors (and even available sizes: S, M and L). It is 3 or 4 times more expensive than a standard substrate but still affordable and my guess it that it will look quite natural due to the mix of colors. However I'm not sure how it really looks in a tank... anyone using this substrate? Any pictures? Any recomendable size?

Jordi

I've just Googled it and it'd probably be worth a visit to the local garden centre instead, it all just looks like poorly sorted quartzite gravel - a mix of different grades - which is dirt cheap...well should be, it's the most common mineral on the planet:rolleyes:

Thanks Troi

Not sure if they will sell such a small grain size... Anyway it is a good idea if combined with another fine grain substrate/sand

Jordi

I guess it's just like any recipe once you've got the right ingredients it's just a question of mixing it to suit your own taste...just think of the fun you could have...:D and it'd be totally unique...bonus.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Back