• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APT ei precipitating issue

MirandaB

This might be a silly question but does anyone else experience APT ferts precipitating out of solution?
It's getting to be quite annoying as even with daily use and shaking it's excessive.

that is ridiculous especially for professionally made ferts, I would return it! how do you know you are getting all needed nutrients if you have precipitation forming. just my opinion @MirandaB

that is ridiculous especially for professionally made ferts, I would return it! how do you know you are getting all needed nutrients if you have precipitation forming. just my opinion @MirandaB
I'm about a third down of a 1000ml bottle @plantnoobdude so returning isn't an option,this also started happening with the Complete at about a third of the bottle gone but wasn't anywhere near as bad.
Even shaking it vigorously the salts don't appear to dissolve back either and it sounds like I'm making a not so delicious cocktail with crushed ice.
I've used a fair few different fert brands in my time and I've never experienced this....not like it's cheap either!

I'm about a third down of a 1000ml bottle @plantnoobdude so returning isn't an option,this also started happening with the Complete at about a third of the bottle gone but wasn't anywhere near as bad.
Even shaking it vigorously the salts don't appear to dissolve back either and it sounds like I'm making a not so delicious cocktail with crushed ice.
I've used a fair few different fert brands in my time and I've never experienced this....not like it's cheap either!
shockingo_O, I would expect better from such a well known brand. it could still be worth asking for a refund, though they'll probably just tell you its fine to use.

Just shook the bottle for another minute then decanted the rest of the bottle through a net and got this....
P1070640.JPG

I would definitely speak with them. That shouldn't be happening and is may be a faulty batch. I'm using exactly the same stuff and haven't had a problem. Mines set up on a doser with a seperate bottle so I can see exactly what's going on and like you say the APT stuff isn't cheap.

Please post a picture of the bottle you have and I will then comment why.
It's the old style bottle not the one with the predominantly red label.
Not sure on the temperature but it's cool as it's in my temperate fish shed which is not insulated.

Last edited:
It's the old style bottle not the one with the predominantly red label
You got your answer. The new bottles/formula do not have this issue. Dennis was made aware of this a year or two ago and so improved the formulation. I did experience that myself at the time. It's not per say precipitation but more crystallisation. Try warming it up a bit see if it dissolved back into solution.
Contact Dennis/2hrsAquarist and ask for a refund or exchange for new bottle.
163516158_163008585668495_3995127224476512442_n.jpg

@MirandaB Don't go crazy on the heating or you will evaporate water and it will get worse. I would also try adding maybe ~10cc of pure water to very slightly reduce concentration.
I just looked at the faqs section on the website regarding crystallization and it says it's fine to throw out and use the rest....that's a fair amount of the contents I'd be chucking 😆

Last edited:
Hi all,
I just looked at the faqs section on the website regarding crystallization and it says it's fine to throw out and use the rest..
That is absolutely ridiculous, in fact it is shocking.
pattern the majority of it is Magnesium Sulphate in various stages of hydration. No doubt some phosphate shenanigans also.
Probably that, but how do they know which ions have combined to form a solid compound? @MirandaB should get a full refund and an apology.

cheers Darrel

Back