• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - layout no.3 - the end

@Edvet: yeah, your picture is about right. We have used towels and tried to scare the fish, so they suddenly stash to the center of the tank, wait for couple of seconds and they swim back quickly. As you can see in all photos the school heading to right side, it's where they decided to "hide", so our job before each shot was to make them swim to center and then wait they swim back. So, I held one flash light above the tank and tried to wave with towel, another man worked with towel too, and camera man had to wait the right moment to shoot. It wasn't easy! 100+ shots total and only 3-4 which are not bad.

2015/08/20 - 5 months old. Green & wild.

After the photo shooting I decided to not cut plants, esp. staurogyne. After more than a month you barely can see a hardscape.

20728367982_5131f668ee_z.jpg60x30x36 - 5 months by Alexander, on Flickr

20737711405_d18065610a_z.jpg60x30x36 - 5 months by Alexander, on Flickr

In next few weeks I'm going to dismantle this and start a new layout.

Loving the tank! Can you tell me what did you use to matt the back glass when you did set up the tank first please?

Thank you!

Thanks, Dan. But as I understand, only first 2000 are ranked. So, as in previous year, I'm not in the top-1000, so less than average.
That's not bad at all, this tank is not primarily for contests, but for my own joy of aquascaping.

Yesterday I saw as teen boy and his father get down on a knee to look closer to the tank, I suppose they watched at shrimps.
When I see ordinal people enjoyed my work in pet shop, I feel very pleased.

Layout No.3 - last days. Left side view. Love the staurogyne walking down the mountain and fresh green of hairgrass. This sp. mini - is the best hairgrass for me! It requires high light and CO2 injection though to grow successfully.
(Sorry for the quality - shot during maintenance)

20445689323_79373737bf_c.jpg60x30x36 - side view by Alexander, on Flickr

That brown-leaved stem plant in the right bottom corner - here it's called "brown staurogyne" but of course it's NOT staurogyne. Probably some sort of hygrophila. It also requires high light and CO2. Anybody have an idea about proper name of that plant?

What comp did this go to? (sorry if I missed it). It's a real beauty. The red fish make it pop!

Probably I need to start new thread, there are 3 layouts in one topic. I guess Dan's asking about the last one (numbero 3) with tetra amandas? I sent it to EAPLC (with blue background) and to AGA (with yellow).

Previous layout (numbero 2) with black background and woods was entering IAPLC 2015 - got 1181.

Alexander those Carpathians rocks are these regular known available stones in export or DIY found in the Carpathians? Never heard of it and they are absolutely beautifull.. :) Also an adorable scape you made with it. :clap: Also thanks for the tips along the way of this topic, very inspirational. :thumbup:

Back