• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Medic Qube Plant thoughts or alternatives?? New tank help!

Daniel

Hi all,

I was hoping if one of you guys may of had any experience with the mentioned light??

Basically I have a new tank arriving in a few days and the dimensions are 100cm x 60cm x 45cm(H). I looking to keep a mixture of crypts, buce, moss, ferns and a few higher light demanding plants with a cosmetic sandbed along the front of the tank and substrate built up towards the back.

I was looking at either the Twinstar 900s or 2x Aqua Medic Qube Plant. I also have a kessil a80 tuna sun from my marine tank algae refugium so I was thinking to buy 2 more and run three a80's. Looking for my budget to be around the £300 mark. I have also just seen these http://www.hinterfeld.com/hinterfeld-lh-kd-wifi-aquarium-plant-programable-led-light-130w-uk-plug/ They look interesting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

Last edited:
Some people complain about red plants & Kessil lighting - though I prefer this over the artificially intense reds
eg, Tropica Ludwigia palustris red appears red but not magenta

(note that the new A360X series will be out soon, wi fi control, upgraded inner bits etc)

Twinstar has many planted tank online photos, video
eg, GreenAqua, George Farmer, Filipe Oliveira, Aqua Eden
- unlike Kessil, Twinstar is very supportive of the Aquascaping side of the hobby
(Kessil does support the Marine aspect with rather more enthusiasm :rolleyes:)

Chihiros/Hinterfield LED specs tends to look better on paper than IRL, both in terms of aesthetics & measured PAR (& plant response) but in terms of budget, it’s usually a decent compromise

Back