• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Nano 30L high flow rate.

oldbloke

I bought swmbo one of the above.
The flow rate is massive for such a small tank (imo) and the fish seem hard pressed to find any respite from it.
If I put a baffle over the intake it changes water levels in the filter compartment and makes it noisy as it starts to cavitate.
Is there any way to reduce the flow?

Cheers.

I e mailed all pond solutions and asked for a price for spray bar for one of the internals they sell, think was the 800 lph. They sent the spray bar plus 90degree pieces and for some reason the case for the whole filter for a fiver. The bar with connectors fitted onto the pump head and suckered to the glass just like oem parts. Aqua one should include these as standard made a great differance to my tank.
As a matter of interest how have you found the seal for the back panel ? mine leaked at the pump end and inhibited the draw of the pump, tank is broken down at the moment and im not sure whether to re-seal or remove along with the glass sump section and just use a small internal??

Does the pump not have a flow adjuster?...the aquanano 40 one does on the underside of the pump.

I turned my filter upside down, easier access to the flow control !! couldnt have it at minimum as made the pump grumble and noisy, just a fraction increase stopped the rattling. Bit cramped in the back aswell isn't it ...

Back