• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua One Aqua Nano 130L Stock LED

Katch

So, I'm starting out again after a small interlude of no tanks. I've just picked up an 80cm Aqua Nano 130L and it came with a nondescript LED fixture. The diodes have the name Niko on them... so I did some googling.

There are 56 diodes in a single strip down the middle of the fixture which sits roughly over the center of the tank.

I assume the LEDs are these;

http://www.niko.eu/enus/niko/article/340-11004

they are rated at 330 lm/m - at just under a meter the fixture is going to be putting out about that much I'd guess.

The plan for the tank is soil substrate capped with (insert undecided cap here), heavily planted and lightly stocked, low tech and hopefully low maintenance. I'd love to get a low tech carpet established, but I've never managed it in the past...

Foot print of the DT is 80cm x 30cm (10cm integrated filter in back section) and 45cm tank depth.

What are your thoughts on the light? Worth a shot or should I look to put something a little more tried and tested over this tank? I have some old 14 3W LED dimmers around, so could potentially put a row of crees over the tank.

Back