• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua One Betta Villa Trio Tank Turn Crystal Red Shrimp Resort

GotCrabs

I'm after some suggestions, advice, help in turning an Aqua One Betta Villa Trio tank into a Crystal Red Shrimp tank.

As said in another thread I had made it into a single tank by removing the dividers out and removing the silicon, it turned out really well and I'm more than happy with the end result I feel it's still too small for a single male Betta to swim around in, so thought the right thing to do would move the Betta back into the Mr Aqua 12g Long and turn the Villa Trio in a CRS only tank but obviously I'll need to make it 'Shrimp Safe'.

So firstly, the filter is an Aqua One 300mini internal, would this be enough to house say 10 CRS?

The heater that came with the set up is preset to 25c, is this suitable?

The intake and out-take section would be wide enough to suck shrimp through I think, especially juvi, how can I make it shrimp safe? I was thinking small square steel mesh inserted on the back of the intake and out-take sections, would that be OK?

The light is an Aqua One LED that usually comes with the Aqua One AquaNano set up, that should be fine I think for just Anubias and Moss on a piece of driftwood.

I have Fluval Shrimp Stratum on hand, should I use that as a substrate?

Also will as some Amazon Frogbit as well, good idea?

Tank is 36cm x 17cm x 17cm, is this large enough? As said above around 10 CRS.

Should I add more media to the back section?

Tank will be established before any shrimp will be added, in no hurry to add them at all.

Any help at all, would be great and would really appreciate it, thank you.

I'm after some suggestions, advice, help in turning an Aqua One Betta Villa Trio tank into a Crystal Red Shrimp tank.

As said in another thread I had made it into a single tank by removing the dividers out and removing the silicon, it turned out really well and I'm more than happy with the end result I feel it's still too small for a single male Betta to swim around in, so thought the right thing to do would move the Betta back into the Mr Aqua 12g Long and turn the Villa Trio in a CRS only tank but obviously I'll need to make it 'Shrimp Safe'.

So firstly, the filter is an Aqua One 300mini internal, would this be enough to house say 10 CRS?

The heater that came with the set up is preset to 25c, is this suitable?

The intake and out-take section would be wide enough to suck shrimp through I think, especially juvi, how can I make it shrimp safe? I was thinking small square steel mesh inserted on the back of the intake and out-take sections, would that be OK?

The light is an Aqua One LED that usually comes with the Aqua One AquaNano set up, that should be fine I think for just Anubias and Moss on a piece of driftwood.

I have Fluval Shrimp Stratum on hand, should I use that as a substrate?

Also will as some Amazon Frogbit as well, good idea?

Tank is 36cm x 17cm x 17cm, is this large enough? As said above around 10 CRS.

Should I add more media to the back section?

Tank will be established before any shrimp will be added, in no hurry to add them at all.

Any help at all, would be great and would really appreciate it, thank you.

More than enough for 10 crystal shrimp, and 50 more...I'd remove the heater entirely; crystals prefer cooler temps. Not sure on making it best safe, I'd put some mesh behind the grill to be sure.

Back