AquaGro CO2 Starter Unit

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Thomas McMillan, 11 Apr 2009.

1. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I'm a CO2 injection newbie, but I would like to start doing so in a new tank that I'm planning. Being new to it, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing!

I've seen this advertised in PFK in the last few issues, and they did a small feature on it in the most recent one. It seems like a good quality, cheap unit for someone wanting to start out with CO2 injection.

I just wondered if anyone had used this before or has any comments/advice/whatever in general.

Also, is it possible to inject CO2 into a tank with just an internal filter?

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

it is similar to the tetra-optimat, where you squirt CO2 into the bell diffuser. it dissolves very slowly and sometimes it needs refilling twice a day.
    I would rather go with nutrafin yeast system or DIY.

ps i am only pointing out the bad points of the the tetra, as i am assuming it to be the same.

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

Ahh I see... No problem, I'd rather someone tell me the bad points before I go buy it and have to spend millions of pounds on refills! That is quite a serious bad point to consider come to think of it.

4. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

it would be bad if it run out in the midle of the day. At least with fermentation it is 24/7

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh for smaller tanks, DIY yeast is the way forward :)

Sam