• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquanano 40 and cabinet build - finally berried CRS and baby CBS!

I think you have the right idea daily LC dosing done consistantly at aprox or before lights on can only benefit your plants mate.Let us know on your decision and what is your fert dosing regime?Cheers mark

Jon, apols didn't get a note to say you had replied. The connectors and spray bar are off a all pond solutions 800l per hour internal filter....
Hi, Thanks for replying. I sourced a spray bar kit on ebay which came with a 90 degree connector, but there was only one in the kit. Fortunately I had another 90 elbow that also fit.

Thanks, scape is slow but steady, caught some bba on the leaves o the java narrow last night so whipped out the offending and any other damaged leaves. Seem to also have some brown algae on back wall which will get cleaned off at the weekend with a water change. Still trying to figure out what additional plants to add.

came home this afternoon to find a CBS being munched on. :(
horrible thing is i can't find my very heavily berried CBS :( :(
water change being prepped (standing and warming) to be done tonight, i missed the weekend one as i though i'd leave it for a bit until the shrimplets dropped.
added some beta glucans, TDS seemed ok so will just do a water change and see if there is anything amiss during that.

Nice setup and DIY skills, any recent photos?

came home this afternoon to find a CBS being munched on. horrible thing is i can't find my very heavily berried CBS
Hard luck with the shrimp :( you using RO for this?

Nice setup and DIY skills, any recent photos?

Cheers paulo, first time anyone has complimented my DIY skills. ;) I know where the issues with the cabinet are and will be corrected fot the next build.

Hard luck with the shrimp :( you using RO for this?

No not using ro. Was thinking about this last night. I think the shrimp that died was the berried one and she was properly berried with 20+. So bit gutted and bit fed up up with it all at the moment.
Do you suggest ro?
I use tap but dechlorinate and add salty shrimp to Tds about 130 from about 40ish out of the tap. Ph is low 6.4 - 6.6ish. Tds averages about 140-150 and only visible issue is brown diatoms on glass and film on surface of water. Plant growth is poor but i low dose easy carbo and Tnc complete. 1ml every few days of easycarbo and 2-3ml of Tnc weekly.

I'll add some photos at the weekend.

If you want to seriously breed CRS I would recommend you go the RO road and use the proper minerals to treat the RO water, then you will have great success with them ;)

Link to minerals: Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+ 90g - Freshwatershrimp

ok, being a bit thick, but why is it useless? Thought others on here added to tap and not had any issues. I get low Tds out of tap and kh and gh are also low....
I have not used it myself, but the idea is you remove everything from the water and then add just the right quantities for this particular species of shrimp, the tap already comes with a lot of minerals that are no use. Having not experience of this myself I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

I have not used it myself, but the idea is you remove everything from the water and then add just the right quantities for this particular species of shrimp, the tap already comes with a lot of minerals that are no use. Having not experience of this myself I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

paulo

you running RO in your nano's?

paulo
you running RO in your nano's?
Nope just tap water, hence the reason I only keep cherries, snowballs and yellows!! Even the Sulawesi didn't like tap must go down the RO route. They will survive for a few months, but not long term and breeding is unlikely or unlikely the young will survive as I found out.

Back