• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquanano 40 DSM shrimp pics

Hi Richard, thanks. it's been a long time since my last post here but the tank is still going but it has had a bit of a rescape.
The HC became too thick and inspite of my best efforts to trim it it eventually began lifting from the substrate. As time went by the tank also had a problem with bga which coated the leaves of the plants, this was due to improper maintenance of the filter media. The plants stopped growing even though I was still maintaining a 50% per week wc schedule and injecting co2 and dosing ferts. Now that I'm back on track with the filter maintenance things are returning to normal. Also the controller for my light doesn't switch off sometimes which caused some problems so I had to plug it into a timer, I can't even adjust any functions but I think it's stuck on 80% intensity. I need to get it changed out after Xmas.

Tank looks like this now. I lost most HC from the front but what there is left is looking healthy again now. I really liked many scapes on here that use sand so I decided to try it in my scape and planted some mixed crypts along the edges and some larger clumps to the right. I think the tall plant is some hydrocotyle tripartita. The back remain untouched with the HG and some HC mixed in also the Xmas moss has grown well and had several trims but I have let it grow really long now.
P1050030_zpse84c9f53.jpg

P1050034_zps48174123.jpg

P1050033_zpsd1e9143f.jpg

P1050031_zps81dcca96.jpg

Back