• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquaponics

justissaayman

Hello All

Anyone have any experience in this or some knowledge for someone looking to set up an indoor system (at first) to test it?

Hi all,
You can buy systems, but all you need is some guttering filled with "hydroleca" for the plants (you may need to add baffles), and in the sump with the fish in it. The return pump goes in the sump, the water flows along the guttering (arranged in square or ziz-zag etc) and back into the sump.

cheers Darrel

I think I have the system itself figured out but I wanted some hands-on advice as I wont be setting up a Andruino or Raspberry PI based system to turn pumps off etc.

Hi all,
We did have the odd spillage, but you should be able to set up the system so it just runs with out any intervention, other than the occasional top up. It is worth building an oversized sump, so that all the water in the system potentially fits inside the sump.

cheers Darrel

yeah ive been thinking about that. Look I wont be setting up Hydroponics first as I want the fishy water to add flavour for want of a better sentence. How can I put o a automatic switch for draining?

Back