• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquario Neo Tiny Diffiser kinda sucks [emoji53]

Aqua Hero

So in my 7 gallon I've been using an old bazooka diffuser I got from Ebay years ago and it works great. Creates a fine mist and I can have my co2 down to 1.5bps and have my drop checker lime green in 2 hours.

I saw a couple reviews and hype over these aquario neo diffusers where people state they create fine micro bubbles so I thought I would get one for another new nano tank I'm building.

But when i tested the diffuser I'm not impressed. The diffuser produces small bubbles but no where near the fine mist of the bazooka atomizer I had running. Honestly with the size of the bubbles coming out of this new diffuser I feel like I'm wasting alot of co2. After 2.5hrs the drop checker is a blueish green.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

So in my 7 gallon I've been using an old bazooka diffuser I got from Ebay years ago and it works great. Creates a fine mist and I can have my co2 down to 1.5bps and have my drop checker lime green in 2 hours.

I saw a couple reviews and hype over these aquario neo diffusers where people state they create fine micro bubbles so I thought I would get one for another new nano tank I'm building.

But when i tested the diffuser I'm not impressed. The diffuser produces small bubbles but no where near the fine mist of the bazooka atomizer I had running. Honestly with the size of the bubbles coming out of this new diffuser I feel like I'm wasting alot of co2. After 2.5hrs the drop checker is a blueish green.

With you on that one. I had a Baz and it worked really well. I changed it because i thought well if others are using it.... and purchased from one of our sponsors.
I put it in and thought if this does the same thing as the Baz, well thats brilliant?
Its was total rubbish from the outset the bubbles were way bigger. I also messed about with pressure and bubble count but it made no difference .

Bazooka Love!

With you on that one. I had a Baz and it worked really well. I changed it because i thought well if others are using it.... and purchased from one of our sponsors.
I put it in and thought if this does the same thing as the Baz, well thats brilliant?
Its was total rubbish from the outset the bubbles were way bigger. I also messed about with pressure and bubble count but it made no difference .

Bazooka Love!
Yeah this is the really annoying thing about this sponsorship hype culture in the community. I made the same mistake earlier on when I bought the Tidal 35 filter based of 'reputable' YT Channels. The filter turned out to be an unsightly bulky unit with very poor flow and a silly compartment, but soo many people kept raving about it. Ended up buying an Aqauclear 20 and never looked back.

I guess we live and we learn

Hi all,
Yeah this is the really annoying thing about this sponsorship hype culture in the community.
It really, really <"p*sses me off"> - <"Its a miracle!">

All you can do is what you've done, give an <"honest appraisal of a product">.

If all <"sponsored content"> and <"infomercials"> were labelled as such? It would help.
If you really want to see "Chemical filtration and the matrix" in its full glory have a look at this video,
of the Rena API Nexx filter - <> and the "Rena Nexx Prevent Algae Filter Media" cartridges for it: <http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/a...event-algae-filter-media-size-4-two-pack.html>

I was actually asked to review this filter, but for some reason they haven't used my review " .....This filter is so laughably ill designed ....." or sent me one to do some road tests on.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back