• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium setup questions

Francis

Hi all.

I have a few questions about setting up my tank. - apologies if you feel any are rather basis.

I picked up a second hand Fluval profile 80 5its 232L and quite deep. 85cmL x 47cmW x 65cmH
th_IMG_0084.jpg
[/URL]

Obviously its going to be a planted aquarium so my questions are.

the lighting from what I have read on here should be fine right? it comes with 4 x 24w T5's

stock filter is a no go. its a fluvial external 205. Would a 405 create to much of a current in the tank?

As its has fixed filter in/outlet moulded to the tank -as you can see in the picture- I'm stuck with them in that place.
the filter outlet nozzles will push the flow from left to right across the back of the tank and left rear to the front of the tank- Im hoping that will produce a good overall current - but any advice welcome

Does anyone who has kept a deep tank before have any advice or points I should look out for?

Thanks and apologies for the stupid questions :)

If you don't want to keep the stock filter positions, you could remove them and silicone gromits over the holes (provided they would take the pressure), or something solid like small acrylic sheets.

A Fluval 405 would be better if you wanted to stick with Fluval, but you might also want to consider powerheads for extra water movement. A spraybar across the back accompanied by a powerhead either side would be a good move. You would need to make sure the flow reaches the substrate though, for any foreground plats you might want.

Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom.

Don't think I want to attempt moving the filter positions. knowing my luck that would result in a watery mess.
im not precious about it being a Fluval filter. I'm happy to act on recommendations

Im assuming the spray bar would just connect to the filter outlet tube in the tank?

Thanks Again
Francis

Back