• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaper 1200 filter

JamieB

Hi all

A while back I purchased an ex-demo Aquascaper 1200 which came with a Oase Biosmaster 600T, looking through the journals here it seems people are using the 850 and sometimes a powerhead or another filter with this setup. Am I underfiltered or underflowed? Would a Hydor 3200 powerhead help or another filter? I do have a spare Eheim eXperience 350T from my no longer used 60P but perhaps that wouldn't add much seeing as the piping is quite small. Any recommendations?

There are some variables to this question mate, and depends really on your setup.
If you had a 120cm Iwagumi then the 650 would likely be fine.

If you have a heavily planted tank with heavy hardscape then supplemental flow via a powerhead might be needed to ensure you have no dead spots and good circulation all around.

Again it depends on what your goal is aesthetically, if it’s a high end Aquascape and you don’t want equipment on show. Then a second filter with glass pipes on the opposing corner might be your best option.
If it’s not a problem to you, then just go for a powerhead/wave maker.

Appreciate the variables, added a pic to show the tank, needs a clean but at least something to go off
35EC6277-9EEF-41A5-A19B-EBB3C7DA2584.jpg

Nice tank mate. Yes you might benefit from supplemental flow.
I’ve never had a tank of that size so can’t advise you any further, but if you’ve seen something that has worked for others in the journals section then perhaps try to implement it in your home.

Food for thought, a second filter may add further maintenance as it will require cleaning more than a powerhead.
A powerhead will also give more options with how you position the flow.

Your tank looks really good. I have an aquascaper 1200. I'm running two oase biomaster 600 thermos on mine. I wanted the extra filtration with the added flow. My tank is still fairly new I will see how it fairs once the stems fill out the background.

Back