• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping books

andusbeckus

Can anybody recommend any good books to learn more about plants and aquascaping?

I'm really keen to learn more in my spare time but without staring at a computer screen!

A beginner book is Sunken gardens by Karen Randall which also covers the uses of plants and fishes. I found this very helpful

Another is Back to Nature: Guide to Nano Aquaria which has a huge section on plants

I would say however there is limited scope of design concepts other than brief talkling about the golden ratio etc and actual design books are limited most gloss over the issue, everything seems to concentrate on plants and fish.

Maybe George Farmer ought to write a book and cover things like the use of different substrates to compare and contrast, the use of type of wood and rock and using them together to represent roots, trees, river banks etc with maybe some step by step examples. While Iwagumi scapes probably can only be dealt with at a concept level, Dutch styles and definitely nature styles don't seem to have much in the way of clear design help. Lastly, covering simple things such as attaching wood or rock together or breaking rocks down might be helpful for the total novice. Alas there is nothing like that out there.

Will take a look at these suggestions thanks. I did wonder if George had any books but couldn't find any which is why I asked on here.

George if you read this can you knock a couple of books up over the weekend lol

Back