• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping home service

livewire

Hey everyone,

Are there people who charge to come to your home and scape your tank? I am tired of spending so much money trying to create a decent scape only to fail again and again. I can grow plants fine and its not that my tanks look crap, I just want a tank that is extra special.

All I want to do is pay someone to come and scape my tank, then I could maintain the tank from there on. Is this type of service available?

Cheers
Dan

Cheers, im not begging for someone to offer help not that it wouldn't be nice.

Just there must be people who offer aqua scaping services, I just need to know who.

There isn't an actual service in the uk...however there are a lot of friendly people around who could help out. Where are you based?

IMO, you should keep practicing. It takes a while to get 'it', you certainly can grow plants, I have seen this from your various journals. Get a decent book (Amanos complete works), and go through the journals. Then try and copy a scape you have seen or like. Theres nothing wrong with copying.

Definitely echo what Ian says. Imitate until you feel comfortable enough to try your own style.

Also, why not arrange a UKAPS mini meet? It's great fun having a bunch of UKAPS types over and sharing a few beers while playing with sticks and stones :D I seem to remember spending hours getting perfect looking graded gravels at a meet :lol:

I think there are a few companies that offer the service, But don't think they cover bristol. I can point you in their direction

Have a read up on things like Golden ratios. It's all about getting a good balance between shapes and not causing too much "tension" (when shapes conflict with each other and just look odd). Generally, if you can look at it and it doesn't feel awkward then you're on the right track :)

Another tip for hard scape practice is to cut a piece of card board to the same size foot print of your tank and practice out off the tank (even better if you have time to make a 2" high wooden tray to house gravel etc), its easier this way for tweaking things, when you have something near to what you are happy with, take some photos then re-create it in your tank :)

Or, something I've done in the past is use a garden potting/gravel tray like this:

Stewart Gravel Tray Black at wilko.com

Great for playing with rock placement like so:

Layout1.jpg

Nothing will beat doing things by your own.. you will learn so much..

Also do not be afraid to copy a scape of someone here, just outright copy it, and when you are familiar with the techniques you can change the scape around and do your own thing.

For example, I had two tries at copying one of George's scapes, the Scree iwagumi, and failed.. :) so will try again..

Aquascaping is a journey, so enjoy it.. you cannot really take shortcuts..

I forget where abouts you are Faizal. No one in your local area into the same thing? If not, try and get locals interested :) Grass roots and all that.
ummm,.. I'm in Malaysia,... Nope,...no one that I know of. Nearest is Flygja,...& he's about 100kms away. I am in a remote territory here :lol: . But that's okay because I still get to "hang out" with you guys,...it's 12:11 am now. Gotta get up for work tomorrow,...but here I am still "hanging out" with my buddies from UKAPS.:)

Some good ideals thanks, I will do a load of dry scapes and post some pictures so you guys can give some input.

I have decided on the name of my journal;

All The Gear, No Idea!!

Back