• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatic Flower Compendium (ish)

crypt pontederiifolia

Attachments

• 1 (17).jpg
    1 (17).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
@tigertim , what kind of soil are you using for Crypts? What humidity they require?
What are those noritoi and longicauda species demands in submerged culture? Is it difficult?

@tigertim , what kind of soil are you using for Crypts? What humidity they require?
What are those noritoi and longicauda species demands in submerged culture? Is it difficult?
Soil depends on the species but Borneo/Indonesia types it would be 30% Peat, 30% Sand, 30% Beech leave soil, 10% Beech leaves
Humidity near 100%. a closed top system
Most of these type of species are difficult submerged, you generally need very soft, ph 6 type water, not impossible but not really recommended partly due to the cost and difficulty getting hold of some of these species and it being much easier to grow them emersed, also much less chance of many of these species flowering under water.

I think this is C. undulata. Some how I got it mixed up with another species. Now I have to grow out the target specimen again :(

Attachments

• _DSC2609.JPG
    _DSC2609.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • _DSC2611.JPG
    _DSC2611.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
  • _DSC2617.JPG
    _DSC2617.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
  • _DSC2620.JPG
    _DSC2620.JPG