• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ATI Sunpower 4x39W for 90x45x45

Sonnyarba

Hi there :wave:

I just got a new ATI Sunpower pendant, 4 x 39W, for my 90x45x45 tank. I is going to be an iwagumi tank, probably just with HC growing around stones. I have pressurized Co2 system as well, diffused via UP Aqua inline diffuser.

Now, do you think that 2 bulbs for 8 - 10 hours regime would be enough + other 2 for few hours to make a burst? And which bulbs would you suggest?

I was thinking about 2 options (considering availability):

1.) 3 x 965 and 1 x Sylvania Grolux
2.) 2 x 965, 1 x Sylvania Aquastar, 1 x Sylvania Grolux

Any suggestions are welcomed :thumbup:

Use all 4 tubes from the start. If HC gets less light this will be leggy. Maybe you need to pull up the unit in the first 2 months. 7-8 hours of light is needed. HC runs much faster with sufficent light.

Probably a diatom will be there in the first 2 weeks and some hair algae too later on. For diatom use 40 Amanos for this size of tank. Hair algae will be removed also by them and when the tank is fully cycled.

I would go with simple OSRAM tubes. 865, 880. Much cheaper and gives a daylight color.
Grolux and Aquastar coloring the scape too much and they are expensive.

This tank is also running by this light: http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... hotostream
As you can see we're using it 20/30cm above the tank.

cheers ;)

viktorlantos said:
Use all 4 tubes from the start. If HC gets less light this will be leggy. Maybe you need to pull up the unit in the first 2 months. 7-8 hours of light is needed. HC runs much faster with sufficent light.

Probably a diatom will be there in the first 2 weeks and some hair algae too later on. For diatom use 40 Amanos for this size of tank. Hair algae will be removed also by them and when the tank is fully cycled.

I would go with simple OSRAM tubes. 865, 880. Much cheaper and gives a daylight color.
Grolux and Aquastar coloring the scape too much and they are expensive.

This tank is also running by this light: http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... hotostream
As you can see we're using it 20/30cm above the tank.

cheers ;)
That is what I call the answer :clap: Thank you Viktor :thumbup: So you think I should get two of 965 and two of 880, or? I like the colour of your iwagumi, so let's say I'd like to have the same tubes :)

HC is from emersed growth, so I expect even more algae troubles in the start.

viktorlantos said:
865 or 880 is fine. They both are daylight. 880 is brighter a bit.
Mixing them in the same unit is not an issue. You will not see big differences.
Thanks mate :thumbup:

Back