• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aurora Aquatica

Thankfully my replacement regulator is due to arrive today. Over the weekend it appears that my solenoid has also failed, CO2 is running 24/7 even though I still had it set to switch on and off with the timer. When the solenoid is switched on I get normal CO2 levels, when the solenoid is switched off, I still get CO2, but at a slightly reduced rate! I have removed from the timer and just set to run constantly at a slightly lower level. Fingers crossed I can get the new one set up this evening and it solves my problems.

So the new regulator went on last night and it is a really nice looking bit of kit, I think they will be popular when they go on sale, but I have no idea what it is going to retail at as its supposed to become the flagship model. There are some nice features, it now comes with a universal power adapter that you can switch to UK, Europe, US and some other that I have no idea where it is for. I like this as I hated having to use a UK\Euro adapter on it before, especially plugged in to a timer, it stuck out so far and was difficult to get in the cabinet behind the filter. The solenoid also comes with a short cable which attaches to a longer cable that goes to the plug, so if you want to detach to move the FE out of the cabinet, you can do so without having to reach back to the plugs, its a small thing but it contributes to making life easier.

The entire regulator design is better, it sits on the front of the FE rather than sticking a long way off the side, so its much more compact and will be really appreciated by people like myself with limited cabinet space. I also find things are laid out a bit better, there is a larger gap between the regulator and solenoid body which is helpful. They were so close on my old reg that a standard spanner would not fit in the gap, that's rectified now. The working pressure knob is also much more positive, its firm and the travel is shorter and it just feels more substantial compared to the old blue one that got wobbly when you wound it towards the lower end of the travel.

I have to say that I did have some problems with working pressure not stabilising yet, but within 5psi that is normal I'm told. I didn't have time for an extended period of testing last night, but will run it longer tonight and monitor to ensure that the pressure remains stable on this new reg.

In other news I ordered the new violet style outflow pipe from CO2Art last night and have just placed a plant order with TGM which should arrive middle of next week ready for the rescape. I guess this journal will close next week and a new one starts!

Back