• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back in the Saddle - Update... pics to follow

Re: Back in the Saddle - New Pics!

Just when things were going well, my UP atomizer starts to leak CO2. Came back to the tank after a weekend away to see the first signs of GDA on the class and some of the rocks which I was really hoping to avoid. I've got an old nano diffuser which I might stick in for the meantime but my main concern is keeping the GDA at bay. I think I'll drop the lighting to 2 x T8s until the CO2 is back on and hope for the best.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Best way to get rid of the GDA and keep the rocks clean?

Re: Back in the Saddle - New Pics!

Right... back on this now my new UP Super Atomizer has arrived. I ended up going for the small version of the 16/22mm atomizer. Some pics of it are below! I'll get the co2 back up and running and then post some more pics!

7003689663_dc0a8ab86e.jpg
photo by dj aeropars, on Flickr

6857570052_a0712080f2.jpg

7003678133_92c2688a35.jpg

7003674959_b2eeefa11e.jpg

Re: Back in the Saddle - UP Super Atomizer Added!

The plants have now stopped melting thank god and the co2 is now up high. I don't know what caused the melt but it affected mainly the blyxa and the staurgine. Very odd!

I've got some gda setting in so I've dropped the photoperiod by an hour to 7 hours and tweaked the co2 a bit. Dosing EI as normal so hopefully I can nip this in the bud quickly.

Here's a couple of pics.

7021412623_5e1cb91d32.jpg

7021422003_496f9115e9.jpg

6875346350_7d1eab29ef.jpg

Re: Back in the Saddle - New pics 27/03/2012

Hello All,

No real progress on this however the HC has started to take off and the Blyxa is recovering well form the previous melt. I'm getting a nice yellow tinged drop checked from the new UP Super Atomizer so I'm pleased with that purchase.

One small problem I have is that the Ranunculus inundatus doesn't seem to be doing much and I've read that it should grow like a weed! Mines lost a lot of the leafs and are now just stems but I have no idea what it causing the problem. Is it a transitional state or is it a deficiency?

Any comments welcome on the problem... more pics to follow!

Back