• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to my roots

It's a Palaemonetes apparently, they are relatively cheap as well as they are often used as live food. As there isn't any Amanos around my way at the moment I picked some of these up, very cheap. They seem to be constantly cleaning. They also apparently breed in a freshwater aquarium.

Very intresting shrimp then Ian!Hard workers and if they breed your quids in:) The Emperor Tetra is a really good looking fish,in the last couple of years never managed to get hold of any where i live in Italy but have got a small shoal of 9 Blue Emperor Tetra,nice too!Cheers Mark

Very intresting shrimp then Ian!Hard workers and if they breed your quids in:) The Emperor Tetra is a really good looking fish,in the last couple of years never managed to get hold of any where i live in Italy but have got a small shoal of 9 Blue Emperor Tetra,nice too!Cheers Mark

Cheers Mark, I'm surprised you can't get hold of emperors, they're really common, good all round community fish.

You'll have to keep an eye out for some glass shrimp.

Stunning pics as always mate. Love that last shot of the glass shrimp on the grass plant. I could never use that as live food its lovely.
Looking forward to seeing this all grown in

Thanks Al, the shrimp,is on your plant mate! It's going great guns btw.

Hi Ian :) ,...this tank is such a breath of fresh air !!!:) I love the simplicity of it. I hope you are having a wonderful time with it. Looking forward to seeing it progress into its full maturity. With your green fingers,..it's gonna blossom into an amazing beauty.:)

Looks great Ian.
It's always nice to watch the fish in a slightly less manicured tank, although I'm sure this will turn out to be a stunner anyway. Love the little bentosi tetras and I have slight crypt envy!
Hope your enjoying this one mate, sometimes it's nice to remember what it's all about :)
Cheerio,
Ady

Hi Ian :) ,...this tank is such a breath of fresh air !!!:) I love the simplicity of it. I hope you are having a wonderful time with it. Looking forward to seeing it progress into its full maturity. With your green fingers,..it's gonna blossom into an amazing beauty.:)

Thanks for the comment faizal. I'm still really enjoying this scape!

Looks great Ian.
It's always nice to watch the fish in a slightly less manicured tank, although I'm sure this will turn out to be a stunner anyway. Love the little bentosi tetras and I have slight crypt envy!
Hope your enjoying this one mate, sometimes it's nice to remember what it's all about :)
Cheerio,
Ady

Thanks Ady, you're right, the fish are acting more like they should. It's nice to see em dashing in and out of the leaves.

Are they the shrimp that tend to get sold as "river shrimp"?

Hi Miranda, yes they are sold as ghost, river or glass shrimp. I really think more of us should use these are part of our clean up crews. Cheap as chips and hard workers.

Interesting choice with the shrimp.

My local garden centre always has hundreds and hundreds of these shrimp, if as Miranda has asked they are sold as 'River Shrimp'. If they are the same then I don't think cheap is the word, they sell them at 10p a shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They cost me a few pence more but yes, you can normally get em of under 50p each!

These shrimps can be found in rivers and springs where I live (Eastern Spain) with other glass shrimps from the genus Dugastella or Aytia. Very good workers, easy to breed. Very resistant to temperature water changes also and don't need heating but can live with it

Quick update, iPhone pic as well, so not the best.
The crypts seem to be settling down nicely now and most have got their emersed growth now.

Getting some new lighting next week hopefully. The new TMC light strips and the brackets to go with them. It will be lower light, with I think will be a good thing with this as most of the plants are slow growing and I'm maxing out on the c02 at the moment.

ZuEMfy9.jpg

Wow this has really filled out. Have you been adding to it or is this all new growth?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Back