• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to my roots

Looking lovely Ian. Apologies if it's been covered earlier in the thread, but what species of Crypt is that front left?

Looks like Crypt sp bullosa
hoggie

Thanks all, it means a lot, considering I didn't think it would amount to much.

Looking lovely Ian. Apologies if it's been covered earlier in the thread, but what species of Crypt is that front left?

We think it might be, cryptocoryne legroi, but hoggie may be right. It's a real nice crypt though!

Do you know what wattage they are? Comparing them to the arcadia stretch which is pretty similar price-wise but has brackets included.

Do you know what wattage they are? Comparing them to the arcadia stretch which is pretty similar price-wise but has brackets included.

They are 12w each bar. They are very bright though, not sure on par readings.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the video.

About the leds: To my eye they do not seem to have much of the shimmer effect seen with other leds?

Thomas

It's not the best video Thomas, I'm having trouble with my pc at the moment, so can't upload true hd videos. Yes, you still get a good shimmer, granted, it's not as good shimmer that the tile produces, but it's also not as powerful. I'm still very impressed by these lights, easily the best budget LEDs on the market IMO.

Just realised the arcadia isn't dimmable... hmm. Decisions!!

Just be aware that the TMC is a manual dimmer, which isn't a problem, but if you're getting to much light, then at least you can dim the lighting.

Yeah, it just gives a bit more flexibility. I doubt with just the one light that I'd have too much, but it's always a good option if you want to calm things down a bit I guess.

Stylish...this aquascaping malarkey is really entering in to the realms of interior design with a vengeance...I'm sure it's one of the major reasons it appeals to the like of us - the select few;) ..aside from creating a slice of nature in ones living room that is:) I hope this tank is rejuvenating your planted tank mojo.

Stylish...this aquascaping malarkey is really entering in to the realms of interior design with a vengeance...I'm sure it's one of the major reasons it appeals to the like of us - the select few;) ..aside from creating a slice of nature in ones living room that is:) I hope this tank is rejuvenating your planted tank mojo.

Yes, totally agree, us Gok Wan's of the planted world lol!
They do seem to suit the living space though...and yes this tank is getting my mojo back. I think I just missed crypts, they have a special place in my heart...

Back