• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to my roots

Here's a shot of the whole thing in the room. It doesn't look out of place IMO.

12134855096_c96b7644f2_z.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr
Here's a shot of an Ozelot under the lighting, the reds don't look too bad
12134594954_30492782aa_z.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Very nice and swish.

Any news on the dimmer yet?

I'm quite tempted to get 2 of these with the end caps, and use them to replace my 24w bulbs in my OTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,the dimmers are available at the aquarium online,they're the only place I've seen em. They are manual dimmers, but I suppose it helps if the brightness is too much.

I do not like those brackets.... They look like coat hangers... Personally I preferred the mountarays

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Yes they are, much better. I'm gonna spray em white.

I like them but at the same time there is no WOW factor! Two ways about them! not sure I like their style fully!!

They are 12w each bar. They are very bright though, not sure on par readings.

It's not the best video Thomas, I'm having trouble with my pc at the moment, so can't upload true hd videos. Yes, you still get a good shimmer, granted, it's not as good shimmer that the tile produces, but it's also not as powerful. I'm still very impressed by these lights, easily the best budget LEDs on the market IMO.

Thanks for this, Ian! I am strongly considering.

The new brackets are a MAJOR improvement.

Thomas

Where did you get the brackets for the aquabars? I can't find them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes,the dimmers are available at the aquarium online,they're the only place I've seen em. They are manual dimmers, but I suppose it helps if the brightness is too much.

I've seen them on there mate, Thankyou.

I was under the impression that you were going to be testing the dimmer aswell as the lights.

I've seen them on there mate, Thankyou.

I was under the impression that you were going to be testing the dimmer aswell as the lights.

Ian walks over to his signature, basking in the shimmer of the very affordable leds, he reaches for the manual dimmer unit, slides the dial and increases the output of light to his beloved cryptocorynes. He turns to his audience " it works! " he declares. And settles down in his favourite chair, in time for the opening credits of emerdale farm on the telebox.

Sorry for the late replies, have been really busy with work.

It looks great mate... Looks superb in your lounge - I like the lights too, so these won't fade in and out then?

Cheers mate, they only manually fade, so the won't sunrise and sunset.

I do not like those brackets.... They look like coat hangers... Personally I preferred the mountarays

Each to their own, I prefer these, the mountaray was too big for the tank IMO. These give a better viewing angle.

I like them but at the same time there is no WOW factor! Two ways about them! not sure I like their style fully!!

I agree, there isn't a wow factor, but they're only brackets at the end of the day lol.

Thanks for this, Ian! I am strongly considering.

The new brackets are a MAJOR improvement.

Thomas

Cheers Thomas, you need to get some!
Where did you get the brackets for the aquabars? I can't find them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The brackets aren't officially out yet, hopefully out in the next couple of weeks. Shame they didn't release them all together.

I'm liking the lights, might have to invest in these as they are alot nicer on the wallet than the tiles. Scape is looking well Ian :)

Thanks mate,the colour is nicer as well. A lot more fresh and clean.

I'm finding myself attracted to these plush looking white cabinets more and more. Ozelots look good it all looks good. :)

I think its more a security thing. Although I'm sure the new brackets are fine I like that the mountaray look super solid :)

That's gorgeous Ian! I've been thinking about going back to my roots and doing a setup with tech, supplies, and plants from when I started keeping planted tanks, ca 1997. I think it would be interesting to see how it turns out compared to today's setups with all the fancy gadgets and gizmos.

Back