• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Berried RCS

zoon

Quick question - I have a few berried RCS; how long will it take before I have shrimplets and how tiny will they be? Also, one of the shrimp's eggs are bright green whereas the others have creamy coloured eggs - is this normal?

~1 month gestation.
~1mm size new born shrimplets.
No idea about the egg colours.

:)

Thanks Matt

Worried about the green eggs though (new to shrimp keeping so may be normal???) Anyone else shed any light on it?

Thanks, thats all I wanted to hear! How come the others are cream? Are they just different varieties (all from the same source though - a friend who's cherries are breeding very fast)

Since crossing my crs with a fire red variety, some of the eggs I get are blue. Prior to that they were either yellow or green.....I've bred thousands though and they all turn out happy and healthy! Seems to take about 3-4 weeks for the females to give birth and when they are born, they are tiny with little or no colour.

on my fifth batch and all i can reccomend is throw them in a new hatchery for a few weeks then give them around 3 weeks to get a fair size before releasing them as they are barely visable i would say around the size of a month old brine shrimp :)
within the net you will difinartly not see them only reason i can is because it looks like a broken thread on the net :)

Back