• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best External Filter to buy?

Brian Murphy

I currently have a Juwel Rio 400 (400-450l) and have an Allponds 1400L/H +UV and Im in the process of connecting a sodastream Co2 diffuser/reactor like the one below to it. I need more flow and water movement in my tank so I want to get a new 2nd external filter but on the cheap. I can't afford a new Eheim so was thinking if I can't get one 2nd hand for under £100 I was gonna go for a 2nd APS filter but maybe upping it to the 2000L/H model. It will also help with clearing the water as I still see quite a bit of debris floating about. What are your thoughts on this? Im edging towards buying a 2nd APS filter myself.

co2-diffuser-set-main.jpg

Hi all,
I can't afford a new Eheim so was thinking if I can't get one 2nd hand for under £100
I only have Eheims, and all of mine were second hand via EBAY (or "Aquarists Classified" before EBAY existed). The only one I've ever had fail mechanically was a Eheim Ecco, and some of the 2213 Classics are at least 20 years old.

The great advantage of Eheims is you can get spares for them. I've got a couple of RENA internals that I liked, but as soon as they are obsolete, you can't get spares and you have to throw them away eventually.

cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
I can't afford a new Eheim so was thinking if I can't get one 2nd hand for under £100
I only have Eheims, and all of mine were second hand via EBAY (or "Aquarists Classified" before EBAY existed). The only one I've ever had fail mechanically was a Eheim Ecco, and some of the 2213 Classics are at least 20 years old.

The great advantage of Eheims is you can get spares for them. I've got a couple of RENA internals that I liked, but as soon as they are obsolete, you can't get spares and you have to throw them away eventually.

cheers Darrel

Personally I go for Eheim everytime, I have got an Eheim Professional 2 on my Trigon 190 which I have had for about ten years. I have also got an Eheim Classic 2213 on another tank in the garage which I have had for almost 20 years. If you can't afford a new one look for a decent second hand Eheim.

Steve

Back