• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best light setting

rikstar

Hello, i have AI hydra 32 hd Programmable lights, at the moment I've got them.
100% white
100% green
100% red
with all the blues and violets turned 5% out off 100%
Ive aimed for 8k white setting that i got from Google apparently thats the daylight setting!
Could anyone tell me what a good light setting? or is what I have going okay. The tank is only a week old. im new to growing plants
i cant remember the name of the plants i have but there is greens, red, pink, browns and orange plants ive got in there.. any info will be great thanks.

Can you clarify what this means? --> "with all the blues and violets turned 5% out off 100%"

Assuming this means they are turned down to 5%, you'll want to incorporate some blue. I typically run blue/ red at 1:1, but depending on the CRI of the hydra, this might not be aesthetically pleasing. You're working with a reef fixture, so it's going to take some tuning to get a nice planted spectrum. Generally, I run greens the lowest as blue and red will drive the majority of PS and the whites will supply plenty of green in their spectra.

My suggestion is to run the B/R in a 1:1 and adjust the whites & greens to give you your preferred aesthetic.

I use one of these on my freshwater setup, here’s the settings I had for running low light over a 60L with Buce, Crypts and Vallis.

0C1CF5C3-E361-4B39-A3AB-4B006530BDD8.png

This is what the tank looked like.

2CBA4848-CA43-438D-87AD-BC64E9454A7F.jpeg

:)

Hello, i have AI hydra 32 hd Programmable lights, at the moment I've got them.
100% white
100% green
100% red
with all the blues and violets turned 5% out off 100%
Ive aimed for 8k white setting that i got from Google apparently thats the daylight setting!
Could anyone tell me what a good light setting? or is what I have going okay. The tank is only a week old. im new to growing plants
i cant remember the name of the plants i have but there is greens, red, pink, browns and orange plants ive got in there.. any info will be great thanks.
That specs pretty good really.
Technically you could turn all the blue/ violets off. Plenty of blue in the whites.
The red/ green will improve the cri more than likely.
Of course the catch is you also lose a bunch of par.
Screenshot_20240122-234117.png

Tbh i have noticed my red plants shooting up faster then the greens, i kept the blues low because it looks to marine otherwise. Also how important is uv light I've kept this low aswell.

Only running it at 16W output.

FF800CB1-62A6-41DD-8FFE-86BD635D036E.jpeg

The light was about 8” from the water surface and the tank depth is only 12”. I matched the output from the previous device illuminating the tank by taking a pic with my phone to get the ISO, f-stop and exposure settings and then just matched the exposure settings on the Hydra and fiddled to get the colour space that was giving the plants the most colour pop to my eyes.

:)

Back