• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best source for 120L aquariums?

PBM3000

I've decided I'm done with my Fluval Roma 240 due to its height. It's awkward to work on, hard to light effectively due to its depth and I'm tired of the aesthetic if I'm honest.

Now looking for an opti-white rimless with a 120cm x 40cm footprint - and max 40cm high.

I know that ADA, TMC, Evolution Aqua don't do this size... well.. in fact no one does off the shelf as far as I can tell so I'll have to go custom. Apart from ND Aquatics or NACD who would you recommend?

I've decided I'm done with my Fluval Roma 240 due to its height. It's awkward to work on, hard to light effectively due to its depth and I'm tired of the aesthetic if I'm honest.

Now looking for an opti-white rimless with a 120cm x 40cm footprint - and max 40cm high.

I know that ADA, TMC, Evolution Aqua don't do this size... well.. in fact no one does off the shelf as far as I can tell so I'll have to go custom. Apart from ND Aquatics or NACD who would you recommend?

Mate, I’m in the same boat.. fed up of my Roma240 & after a rimless! EA Aquascaper looks beaut as it’s just a bare tank where as TMC mainly run sumps can’t find anything second hand anywhere anyways!

For the 5cm difference I'd just go with 120 x 45 x 45 which is pretty standard re ADA influence ... by the time you allow 10cm substrate height (soil)

Why not ask if EA will make a custom 120 x 45 x 45 - choose glass sizes they already manufacture to keep costs & delays down - though the NACD tanks in another thread look top quality & reasonable cost

I just had a 120x40x40 which is very good from A4L, I personally can't see any difference between it and EA was about £360 iirc including shipping 12mm, optiwhite front and sides.

For the 5cm difference I'd just go with 120 x 45 x 45 which is pretty standard re ADA influence ... by the time you allow 10cm substrate height (soil)
I probably would but the 120x40cm footprint is set in stone.

Why not ask if EA will make a custom 120 x 45 x 45 - choose glass sizes they already manufacture to keep costs & delays down - though the NACD tanks in another thread look top quality & reasonable cost
I wasn't aware EA did custom sizes, thanks. I've emailed NACD but no reply so far which doesn't bode well.

Yeah, I ordered over phone - don't think they're open on a Saturday

I just had a 120x40x40 which is very good from A4L, I personally can't see any difference between it and EA was about £360 iirc including shipping 12mm, optiwhite front and sides.
Is that just tank or cabinet aswell?

Have you got a link to that thread mate? Thank you!

Back