• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best way to set up 2 x Tetratec

pugoff

Seedling
Guys, I have seen a few different ideas on here for the best way to install/set up your external filters.

I have a 160L tank, a 3D backing fitted and about to set it up again. I have ran 2 x Tetratec Ex 700 in the past as I feel the flow rate of the Ex700 isn't that great. I would love to upgrade the filter, but funds won't allow at the moment.

What would people advise would be the best set up? I have thought about running the 2 filters as 1, but going off that idea.
I have an eheim pre filter on 1 of my filter intakes, and a spray bar on the outlet.

But on the second I don't have anything on either as of yet. Should I go for another eheim pre filter, and a second spray bar, in a different position?

I will be adding CO2 to the tank in about 6 weeks, and injecting it in line to my external filter.

Tips on best ways to run filters guys, best media to run, and best locations to run the inlet & Outlet?

with two filters you can use one for co2 diffusion and the other carrying out the biological filtration. That is what i do- spray bars are a great way to get good flow around the tank. As for media- purigen is a must . I was shocked by how invisible it made my water. Some nice porous ceramics are good along with a layer of foam to stop all the large debris clogging up the ceramic. But if you run a pre filter that will do the job .

That's what I was thinking to a certain extent Darren.

I will use 1 of the filters for the bio media, ceramic rings, plastic balls and a layer of coerce filter sponge.

The 2nd filter will be fine media wool, and some of the purigen you mentioned and I will be injecting the CO2 into this filter outflow hose, defused into the tank with a spray bar. Or at least I think that's how I will do it.

I have been offered 1 of these.. http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/ocean-pulse-duo-wavemaker

What power heads/wave makers would you guys advise running? It was suggested to run Hydor Koralia Nano 900.

Is there any smaller 1s you could recommend? I have 1400LPH turnover with my externals, just looking to up it a little. Would this unit and a wave maker work, or would I be better using a power head and spray bar?

Back