• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Betta, Botia Striata and Shrimp?

houndour

Seedling
I have a 55L (40cm cube) tank cycling at the moment. I have 3 botia striata which are moving in from their temporary home.

I'm aware it's quite a small tank, so was wondering whether a Betta and shrimp would be compatible with each other and the botia?

Any other suggestions for a small top/middle swimmer?

My bettas used to eat shrimp. Botias are supposed to be a no go too! Some people seem to have more luck than others, but from what ive learned it is more luck than compatability.

That seems quite a small tank for botias as an observation? What shrimp are you putting in there? Mine leave my amanos alone, but I've never tried them with something smaller (e.g. Cherry Red).

I'm ashamed to say it's a bigger tank than they have now. They used to have a larger tank but due to moving house and not having the space till now for something larger, it's the best I can do. I didn't want to give them away as I had BGA in the tank, and I didn't feel it fair to possibly infect someones tank with BGA. So please forgive me! I'm doing my best to provide them with a better home.

OK, Bettas are out, I'm not willing to experiment. I had Amano shrimp before with the Botia, so as that's tried and tested I'll get the same again. I was trying to think small with the betta...since it just means one extra fish. Perhaps I'll just stick with the botia then.

Back