• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Better Co2 system

Carpman

I'm just about to strip down and rescape my a trigon 190. I would like to replace my current co2 Bazooka delivery system with an external unit. I have been looking at reactors, inlines, boosters and probably everything in between. Could do with some advise though need good external system that will not interfere with the flow of my Eheim4+ 350.

Anything you add inline to your filter will restrict flow

Only way to avoid impacting your Eheim 350 is by using an additional filter or pump dedicated to the CO2 system

I don’t see why 2 in tank diffusers wouldn’t manage - I run a 60cm x 45cm x 55cm (high) tank with a Tropica diffuser ... not the prettiest but efficient & cheap
If (ie when) I let the stem plants completely fill the tank, this does impact foreground plants but that’s really about flow (Eheim 3 250 which I rarely clean) not the diffuser

My reason for the change is to get it out of tank, its a pain in the rear, suckers keep letting go of tank wall and its ugly. Yes I agree its cheap but i think i wll need more efficient system if plans go ahead with light upgrade

Strange my “suckers” never let go :lol:

I can easily gas livestock in my 90x45x55 (h) tank with a single Tropica diffuser so I don’t think I’d want to use an inline if it’s more efficient ;)
2 Kessil A160 which I rather wish were A360’s but they were out of budget & significantly uglier - I’m hoping for an introductory price on the new 360X :p

I'm having good results with the "Qanvee Atomiser" which is a cheap Chinese import.

Other's here have posted good reports too...

I was originally thinking of getting the JBL inline till I read about failures, I stumbled across the Qanvee on here and comments are good. I have seen another I don't remember where but was interesting design T shaped looked like a bubble counter the main return runs across the top of the T and the co2 is fed from the bottom of the T, in theory the flow would have very little disruption as it is just passing through.

Back