• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bigmatt's 27l Shrimp nano "Obelisk"

bigmatt

So, I had a little AquaOne tank knocking about that had been pressed into service for a number of different uses. I felt it was time to do it justice and practice some 'scaping skills by setting it up as a dedicated shrimp tank in the garage (wife won't let me have another tank in the house :( :arghh: ). My big challenge at the mo is to be more bold with my hardscaping, and especially my use of rocks (i tend to like more wood-dominated schemes).
Financial limitations mean this tankis being put together on a cost-neutral basis, meaning no co2 or new external! Hence the rather obtrusive internal filter!
Here's the basic hardscape
DSC00019.jpg

and here's the first phase of planting
DSC00021.jpg

(Ignore horrible thermometer on front - soon to be removed!)
The idea with the hardscape is to both push my boundaries a little bit and togive the shrimp (probably cherries) more surface area to play on :D Planting is with normal Java Fern, Microsorum Windelov and some flame moss soon to arrive from Themuleous! Remaining exposed wood will be covered, and i hope to train some moss down the big obelisk in the back corner and over the cracks that naturally exist in the slate.
I realise this scape may be a little Marmite as it is very bold, especially in such a small tank, but ALL thought would be very much appreciated!
Matt

I think it looks good, well done.
The big rock at the back right, what is it? I dont think the straight lines of the rock suit the bendy wood, but thats just my opinion.
Apart from that I think it looks very good :)

Back