• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Biomaster 600 grill

VanEternal

Hi guys,
Just bought a used biomaster thermo 600 and the top basket grill is missing.

Do you think its necessary to have or can i just leave it out and put biomedia in the top basket without the grill?
81982341-792B-48BE-9F39-AFEA2F13CBAC.png

I wouldn't if I were you. If any media gets sucked up by the pump it'll destroy the impellor.

If you use the supplied orange sponge in the top shallow tray, then you can probably get away without having the top grille, though again, I'm not sure how flat it will sit or whether it will allow any bypass without the grille in place.

For what they cost, I'd just order a new grille:

I wouldn't if I were you. If any media gets sucked up by the pump it'll destroy the impellor.

If you use the supplied orange sponge in the top shallow tray, then you can probably get away without having the top grille, though again, I'm not sure how flat it will sit or whether it will allow any bypass without the grille in place.

For what they cost, I'd just order a new grille:

I will probably use spogne for the time being before i get the replacement, just painful to pay £6 delivery for a £4 product 😂😂
Got plenty of bio filtration as all the baskets except the bottom and top one are filled with media

I will probably use spogne for the time being before i get the replacement, just painful to pay £6 delivery for a £4 product 😂😂
Got plenty of bio filtration as all the baskets except the bottom and top one are filled with media

If you have a LFS that stocks Oase, they may be able to order one in for you?

The original models of the 600 didn't come with the grill, but as stated above were set up out of the factory with the tight fitting orange foam in the top basket.

Back