• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bolbitis ‘Difformis’

TBRO

Got some of this as a tissue culture from Aquarium Gardens, months ago. Most of it melted but I just found a fragment stuck in some moss.

a82497414b671510e9699b5a76637ba2.jpg

Has anyone had much luck with this? What should I do to maximize my fragments chance of survival or even growth !? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks. Slightly annoying it’s sold as an aquarium plant (I know, not the first time that’s been done!). Will probably move it to my emergant Iwagumi.

246ed853acd26f6971ca0e63fba3911d.jpg

Filipe Oliveira has this growing successfully in many of the Aquaflora display tanks (& likely his home tank as he seems very fond of it ;) ) so I suggest you look to his FB page & tank videos for details - he tries to respond to any questions in video comments, FB & really encourages questions during his workshops

I don’t recall if this was added to the AG workshop tank, Dave should know :)

(I’ve seen it in some of his display tanks a year on & it looks to be submerse growth)

In general he seems to use quite high light (Twinstar S, AI Primes, Aquamedic etc) moderate CO2 (in-tank diffuser, some reactors), commercial fertilizers (seems to be more on the limited nutrient side rather than EI method of excess), moderate flow (canister, Eheim 350 skim, koralia style pumps in larger tanks) ... if you check video information, he’s very good about posting basic aquascape details

Thanks for the tip, I will look on FB. T

Back