• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bolbitis heudelotii or trident fern?

Jack B

Hi everyone

I got a pick and mix set of plants from Aquarium Gardens a year ago, and am now not sure which of the two epiphytes survived. This is the winner: is it bolbitis or trident?

Thanks!
Jack

Attachments

• 20210424_163101.jpg
    20210424_163101.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 369
I find my blobitis grows better in the substrate than attached to anything. A few times I've attached it and it's growing slowly, but then it will hit the substrate and really take off! I've a low tech 30L and it's growing in the substrate with leaves touching the surface (30cm tall).

I find my blobitis grows better in the substrate than attached to anything. A few times I've attached it and it's growing slowly, but then it will hit the substrate and really take off! I've a low tech 30L and it's growing in the substrate with leaves touching the surface (30cm tall).
Really? Nice - I just bury the rhizome? I've got inert substrate with pretty big grain size so can't imagine it'll be much of a shock. Will chop a bit off an try it out...

...how much light have you got it under? I could go beneath the Frogbit or out in the open

Last edited:
Dont bury the rhizome, just the roots
Yes, you what the horizontal part just sat on the gravel surface and the roots going in. You can tie it to something if you need to keep it in place. Mine is about 1-2mm inert gravel, although in fairness it's an established tank so I imagine there is some yummy mulm underneath that.

Back