• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bonding Plastic and Metal

Yes we can! :) You'll need a 4,2 mm drill and a M5 tap and 2 minutes work.. I placed them with a 4mm gap, if you put them closer together, there still is room inside the cap to screw M5 nuts on the connector thread sticking out. Since they come with o-ring and the cap is relatively thin and soft plastic, so with the nuts screwed inside the cap it will be realy strong and tight.

Attachments

• DSCF5252 (Kopie).JPG
    DSCF5252 (Kopie).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 80
I already mentioned the reasons for not using these caps. See the earlier post

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Zozo suggested me that. Will try with those

These bottle and caps will be unable to hold the pressure of the diy co2 setup. This system generates pressure from 5-45 psi

Using any "stiff" part will just pass on the stress from any movement
to the point of contact between the barb and the cap.
Glue is not reliable enough for this job. So a bulkhead is the way.

Hi Rohan, If you are going to use this on Diy Co2 set up ?? You only need to drill a hole slightly smaller than the tubing in the top. Cut the tubing to a v shape at the end then pull it through the hole and a tight fit no leaks ;) Glue does not work well on polypropene plastics.

I ran my system for 2 years no problem;) Every 4--6 months or so as Co2 is a corrosive gas I change the top and tubing.

This method is very good :thumbup:. There is no stiff part involved.
The silicone tube acts as a stress dissipator and a sealer (as long as the hole is smooth).
I still use a diy bubble counter I made with this method six years ago.

Back