• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boraras brigittae

Christor

Got 3 of these little guys today, got cherry shrimp and these little guys were the only one left in the tank so got threw in as well

Anyone got any experience with them? seem to have settled in nicely but just on the food note do they settle in to flake easily? its a rio 125 so getting a few more would be ideal but hard to come by without going online

Also just curious as to any recommendation on similarly sized fish to accompany them? really want to go small peaceful fish as I am keeping cherry shrimp in the same tank, and wanting to keep the harmony very mellow :D

oh and do they really colour up that nice red in a planted tank? in the shop they were bright red and they look amazing!

Hi Christor,

I have also recently purchased some, after seeing other members keeping them in shrimp tanks.. They really are a great little species, espceially once they have coloured up as you said. I was recommended to keep them in numbers of 12 plus long term, they had an offer on 6 and so decided to give 6 a go and then add some additional ones once this group had settled. Ended up with 10 and 2 long nosed shrimp as a few extra jumped in the net..

I would try shopping around and see if you can track some others down rather than adding any other species, some people have tried Danio margaritatus but although small I remember reading a post that reported them feeding on young shrimp once mature..

With regsrads to feeding I have been crushing the flake and bottom feeder tablets into crumbs, also beveieve they do well on live food such as daphnia although needs to been young as I purchased as bag and had still have 5 or 6 adults alive and living in the cube as they are too large for the Boraras brigittae to eat.

All the best,

T'UK

Thanks for that tetra! just on them with shrimp did see them have a go at one but thats all it came to, they do shoal very nicely, as mine are all nice and tight, this likely due to small numbers but again they know they free reign of the tak as the casually patrl individually too

overall lovely little fish unfortunately where I am they are limited, hopefully the store will get more in

Back