• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

boring boring boring

pike

that's got your attention lol . I recently bought a 4 foot 200litre cold water goldfish setup .the tank is braced 4" ends and 2" lengths. the fluval 206 filter pipes had to cross the 2" brace, so I decided to drill the brace which is 10mm thick. I got a 22mm diamond cutter off ebay £5.00 and some plumbers putty and made ring of putty on the brace. then filled with water. I started to drill at an angle to stop the drill slipping. then levelled up not putting any pressure on the glass .the glass dust which is a wet paste helps to grind the hole ,near the end it starts to drip into tank so I kept pouring water until the hole was made. then I put pipes in holes and then new condensation trays .the goldfish are back in the tank none the wiser. I had a large tank drilled years ago and paid a fortune so for £7.50 had a cheap boring job . forgot to say only used 12v cordless drill

So glad I didn't read on into a tank collapse:) well done pike are you a fellow fisherman ?.

:) it was a good job for me got right first time ,at the time my heart was pounding with worry.:banghead:

Back