• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boyu EF-05 flow dropped

Catherine

Seedling
I bought this as it had mostly good reviews wherever I looked, plus it was cheap and small and I figured it would be perfect to put behind my 35l tank. it had a couple problems priming itself but that sorted itself out soon enough... only for the flow to drop to an absolute minimum. the spraybar is facing the surface of the water and it doesn't even ripple. previously when it was making lots of noise priming, the flow was fine, the spraybar was breaking the surface so it's not like it's always had poor flow. I thought it might pick up again after a week as it's still newish but it's been like this for about 2 - 2½ weeks now. I've had a nosey inside but nothing seems amiss - the impeller is all right and I haven't added enough media to disrupt the flow (if this was the case I'm sure I would've known from the beginning). there's nothing clogging the filter as it's a newly cycling so there's no debris being sucked in.

anyone else with this filter/something similar experience this? how did you fix it?

thank you. :)

I take it when you rock the canister back and forth gently when it's running that no more air comes out? The only thing otherwise would be that it's faulty somehow, and if it's just new then get in touch with the retailer/manufacturer and see what they say.

yes I rocked the canister quite often when it was making loud noises and it released air every time but since it quietened down, if I rock it, no more air comes out so I don't believe it's to do with trapped air. I have read on the PFK forum where someone experienced the same, got frustrated and swapped filters, then when they got the Boyu EF-05 out again a few months down the line, it was running perfectly again... which doesn't help as doesn't say what was wrong with it in the first place! haha. I will contact the retailer about it though, thank you.

Back