• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brandis Edge (Flamingo)

It's stunning Ian, I love the little Crypt as it just gives a focal point among the HC. Looks like I'll need to buy more Purigen as I only bought 100ml:lol:. thanks for your help.
Harry

Thank you Harry, and no problem, that's what were all here for, if we can make the hobby grow, then alls good.

Lovely detailing , as normal - that crypt has got to go though!

Thank you Darren, good to see you around. Hahaha, I love the crypt, I think it might be my new fave plant!

Love that crypt ian. Gives a lovely contrast

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Al, I always appreciate your comments.

Love the in-situ shot mate. Growing in nicely too.

The flamingo crypt AKA marmite crypt... Love it, or hate it. :)

Cheers George, I know you love that crypt mate, I could tell when I phoned you the other night. The conversation went...

"Guess what George?"
"What?"
"I got a Crypt flamingo!"
"Mmmmmmmm" *quietness ensued
Lol

Ian - just thought I'd let you know I just bought the 2075 based on your advice earlier in the conversation. Found on Amazon brand new for £179.99. Just waiting for it to arrive now..!
This is anticipation of a Signature sometime in the new year.
Any updates on Brandis Edge?

Thanks again for your advice :)

Ian - just thought I'd let you know I just bought the 2075 based on your advice earlier in the conversation. Found on Amazon brand new for £179.99. Just waiting for it to arrive now..!
This is anticipation of a Signature sometime in the new year.
Any updates on Brandis Edge?

Thanks again for your advice :)

Nice one Ben, you have taps that can slow the flow on the ehiem, but once it settles you might want it full blast anyway. Good choice though.

Here's a couple of upto date pics, iPhone quality though.

KcKeQfD.jpg

IWPwIxt.jpg

Superb mate! It's really filled out now. Do you ever have any trouble with the smaller shrimps on the filter inlet? I have been pondering on adding a few, but on my last scape I used to get the odd one stuck on the inlet pipe :(

Look at that HC! That's the dream, isn't it?!
If you can just get this front right corner to fill in, this would be spectacular. I'd be tempted to do the whole thing in HC and have the acicularis poking through here and there. Great tank - its come on a treat!
(Thanks for posting the updates!)

Superb mate! It's really filled out now. Do you ever have any trouble with the smaller shrimps on the filter inlet? I have been pondering on adding a few, but on my last scape I used to get the odd one stuck on the inlet pipe :(

Thanks Garry, I haven't had any problems, that said, I haven't cleaned the filter yet, so there's bound to be a couple in there. I've always found, adding 10-20 cherry swill soon multiply within a couple of weeks, so you loose count of how many you have.

This is beautiful, I cannot explain how much I would love this tank. You must be very proud mate

Thank you for the kind comment Richard!

Look at that HC! That's the dream, isn't it?!
If you can just get this front right corner to fill in, this would be spectacular. I'd be tempted to do the whole thing in HC and have the acicularis poking through here and there. Great tank - its come on a treat!
(Thanks for posting the updates!)

Thanks Ben, I purposefully didn't add any HC in that corner due to lack of flow in that area, however, it is creeping forward over there, there is mini hairgrass, which has taken an age to start to spread.

Quality stuff Ian!

Been away for a while just caught up.

Loving the way your plants are growing around that truck...looking sweet!

Thank you Dave, I've not posted many pics of this scape, as there hasn't been much to report on tbh, it pretty much looks the same to me as when I set it up! Lol

The secret behind the effectiveness of the Skim 350 is finally discovered.....

Thanks Ben, I purposefully didn't add any HC in that corner due to lack of flow in that area, however, it is creeping forward over there, there is mini hairgrass, which has taken an age to start to spread.

Yes, I assumed that was the reason. Interesting how you can almost see the flow in the tank.
I have a horizontal column of BBA running through mine at the moment, hence the upgrade to the 2075.
Would be great if you could adjust the flow to get that the HC to fill in that corner as well - would look like a tree in beautifully maintained parkland or something!

Could you not move the inlet to the front right corner, so its 'pulling' the water in over the top of that hairgrass? Would that help?

Hey mate, the main differences I have found with hard tap water vs Ro is...

Plants need A LOT more c02 than normal Ro

Plant don't pearl as much with hard water

More gda in the tank than with RO

Snails get bigger with hard tap water

The lily pipes need cleaning more often with tap water

Purigen doesn't last as long with tap water

It's taken a lot longer for plants to 'take' with tap water

I won't be using tap water again, I'll be going back to Ro on the next scape.

These are interesting observations. I know many dismiss the importance of RO vs. tap, but this clearly goes in the opposite direction. Personally, I would prefer to use RO, but I am also realistic enough to know that if I had to produce about 60 liters of RO a week I would not get my water changes done as much as I would like to. The water waste is also a bit scary. For a low tech I would not hesitate.

Thomas

Back