• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

browning of Anubias edges and leaves of crypts

nilo

Hello!

My Anubias seem to be going dark at the edges and some are going pale in the middle. I also have an issue with some type of algae(?) growing on my crypts leaves. My tank is 19 inchs deep 39 inch long. lighting is supplied by one arcadia stretch LED (35w) and ferts are does every day (IE, mcro and micro.) my vallis is looking lacklustre too.

What could i be doing wrong? I inject co2 for 7 hours a day and lighting is on for 7 hurs too. my drop checker is a nice lime green ( I have yet to see pearling though)

Any suggestions to help my plants thrive more?

Much appreciated

Thanks in advance

I will upload pics when i work out how to :)

Hello!

My Anubias seem to be going dark at the edges and some are going pale in the middle. I also have an issue with some type of algae(?) growing on my crypts leaves. My tank is 19 inchs deep 39 inch long. lighting is supplied by one arcadia stretch LED (35w) and ferts are does every day (IE, mcro and micro.) my vallis is looking lacklustre too.

What could i be doing wrong? I inject co2 for 7 hours a day and lighting is on for 7 hurs too. my drop checker is a nice lime green ( I have yet to see pearling though)

Any suggestions to help my plants thrive more?

Much appreciated

Thanks in advance

I will upload pics when i work out how to :)

May be that the slow growing plants are getting too much light; perhaps benefit from reducing light period, and checking ferts to make sure they aren't deficient

Assuming that you have this Arcadia LED (kudos to them for providing PAR diagrams)

your PAR will be low given height of the tank so I'd suspect light is an issue in terms of plant growth

I'd go lean with the fertilizers, CO2 is fine (it's always helpful IMO)

I've no idea on your substrate/hardscape or filter or plant species etc but would include easy low light stem plants ... these can be gradually removed once tank is established

Have you looked at MirandaB's tanks?
Low tech crypt heavy Rio 180

I get really confused with PAR, Lumens, Kelvins and wattage, goes right over my head, lol. So you are saying that I have not enough light? (Aqua 360) suggests different).

I have crypts anubias and vallis and that's it really. I will probably stick with those for now. I have an old style external fluval filter and my hardscape is just bogwood with a substrate of pea gravel on one side and sand on the other (which the crypts are in).

Thanks for your replies guys, I will have a go at your advice,

nilo :)

Hey niko, low par means low light.

Back