• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubbles forming foam

Quick update.

I've tested my Ammonia with my JBL NH4 Test Kit, value is <0.05 basically no ammonia was detected.

This is tap water that I'm using and I haven't added any water conditioner yet.

I've cleared the foam but it came out again.

Weren't root tabs meant to release their content over a long period of time, seems like 3 weeks isn't a long time?
I use a plenum as well and I have found that when I use root tabs the nitrates take a big jump and lasts for 2-3months (I assume this depends on the brand used). I switched to liquid ferts and nitrates have dropped off alot.

It make sense that constantly pulling water through the substrate and past the root tabs would result in this increase.

For example, my tank (29g) has a couple dozen fish and some snails. It's light-to-moderately planted, but there are a lot of emergent plants in submerged planters. When using root tabs the nitrates were consistently 20-40ppm. Once they were depleted, the nitrates dropped to 5ppm. I now use APT Complete at the recommended dose and my nitrates never go above 10ppm.

Back