• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Budget lighting

Hi all,
Looks like something similar is available in the UK as well.

<"Amazon product ASIN B0BS61KKBH">.

cheers Darrel
Right Company, wrong light. See the spectrum
Well not really wrong if you just want to grow stuff. Just not the "cooler" looking one.

This one:
barrina2.JPG

:)

Hi all,
Right Company, wrong light. See the spectrum
Well not really wrong if you just want to grow stuff. Just not the "cooler" looking one.
Even the "wrong" ones are listed, on the UK site, as "currently unavailable".

I'm quite tempted to buy one of these, just to see what it is like.
<"Amazon product ASIN B0BS648RL4">

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

Even the "wrong" ones are listed on the UK site, as "currently unavailable".

I'm quite tempted to buy one of these, just to see what it is like.
<"Amazon product ASIN B0BS648RL4">

cheers Darrel
You could try direct. Lots of stuff there and a bit of a slog going through it. The link below is for some wide t8 direct replacement (?) at 36". Its a bit confusing.
My idea of plug and play apparently is not theirs,,:

Last edited:
How do these compare to the TRI-R Sunlike LEDs, we discussed in this thread: FUN high CRI LED strips

I do have some strips of the Sunlike LED's sitting in a box, that I stiull haven't got around to assembling and trying out - but the lamp @dw1305 linked to above would be a much more accessible!

Hi all,

I will buy one. I'll probably use it as a grow light, rather than an aquarium light, but I'm interested in how hot it runs etc.

cheers Darrel

Will be interested to hear what you think of it Darrel. Will you stick it over a tank just to test out?

Ideally I'd love them to come out with these in a GU10 bulb format which would give lots more options for fittings and installation.

Hi all,
Will you stick it over a tank just to test out?
I don't really have an open-top tank to try it on.
Ideally I'd love them to come out with these in a GU10 bulb format which would give lots more options for fittings and installation.
That would be so much better. I'm loathe to buy a light where when the LED lamp fails you have to buy a whole new unit.

cheers Darrel

I went over "my" lights a bit and $8 for 5Watts (24@0.2W leds)
isn't exactly cheap.
But being able to daisy chain them and run off the mains without a brick and high(er than usual) CRI in a single emitter still warrants a look see.

The "tri-gain" are sort of in a class of their own with using a violet pump and basically RGB phosphors.
I need to see really 2 things. 1) Longevity of output on the violet emitter and 2) Longevity of the blue phosphor.
And better pricing.
SORRA said the blue phosphor thing is solved, for them at least.
Yujis violet based leds had a very short lifespan. Well sort of faded fast.
Not too concerned with the lower efficacy of the violets vs blue though it does present a minor heat and cost/output issue.

no GU-10 but with reflectors?
BR-30 A-21

GU-10
Amazon product ASIN B08D3H8SHRsoo rough estimate..
At 14" height you cover a 16" diameter spot.
Using a tank surface area of 36x18"
2400 Lumens
5740Lux
Approx 100 PAR at the surface
I'd ignore the posted spectrum. Doesn't look 5000K-ish.
3000k....

Last edited:
Back