• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

by the Forest Shore (ADA 60P)

Some days ago, after first trimming...

fs-day17-1.jpg

Love this layout Pedro, there is great depth created by the path and wood, and great attention to detail in the transitions from wood to sand. Only one thing that is slightly distracting is the angular moss covered wood at the rear to the left of the path, it doesnt quite have the natural feel of the other pieces.....maybe thats what the moss will do :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Let's make an update on this scape.

These ones are from saturday, a day before a large trim (2013.07.13):
fs-day27-1.jpg

Large pearling...
fs-day27-2.jpg

fs-day27-3.jpg

This is from sunday (2013.07.14), after some work done.
fs-day28-1.jpg

This weekend i got 30 Blue Tetras (Boehlkea fredcochui)
These photos are from the first day. They already had some nice colors.
They are very active fish, swimming all over the aquarium.

Amanos are out. They were giving me headaches with sand/aquasoil mixes.
I also planted Elatine near the river and at the right&left so that it gives me a nice green small carpet and aquasoil can fix better near the sand.

fs-day34-1.jpg

fs-day34-2.jpg

fs-day34-3.jpg

fs-day34-4.jpg

Day 55 (2013.08.10)

These pictures are from yesterday, maintenance day.
I also made a very slighly change on the light schedule and added 2h30 hours of two extra lamps that were allways off.

Currently schedule (since yesterday):
light (2x24w=48w/60l) - week days: 18:00 -> 00:59 ; weekend: 17:30 -> 00:59
co2 - week days: 16:00 -> 23:30 ; weekend: 15:30 -> 23:30
extra light (4x24w=96w/60l) - 21:00 -> 23:30 (end of co2)

fs-day55-1.jpg

fs-day55-3.jpg

I'm in love with Ludwigia sp. :p
Mine had already a nice color, but since i added 2h30 of an extra 48w (total 96w for 60l for 2h30), four days ago, the plant have a beautiful red colour.

fs-day58-2.jpg

fs-day58-3.jpg

Nicely done! I would've banked up the substrate/sand at the back higher to create more perception of depth. The rear stems looks a bit sparse right now, should look much nicer once they've bulked up into bushes!

I trimmed ludwigia sp. eight days ago, so it's pretty low in front of Rotala sp. green and behinf the central wood - Rotala will be trimmed really low and replanted soon.
I also planted some Rotala Macandra in the middle od ludwigia :)

I changed all moss on wood and planted moss on almost all wood eight days ago. Let's see how the weeping moss green appears in front of Rotala/Hottonia green.
Hottonia grow is pretty difficult to manage :(

fs-day97-0.jpg

beautiful fish , looking good mate love the blue fish against the green background

Dean

This is a video from June 21 2013 that i only uploaded for Youtube today.
It was for a Portuguese Forum competition.

Lovely video again Pedro, love watching your work :thumbup:

Back