• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

c02 reactor instalation

no,as i said the equipment may vairy but the principal installation is sound,i found a dupla reactor on ebay and needed a bit of info on installation and i thought that the installation guide i found could prove useful to other members thats all.

Hi,
Apart from the assembly instructions, which will vary depending on the type of equipment each individual has, the article is flawed in it's focus on stabilizing pH. Firstly, the idea of pH stabilization is irrelevant so people need to forget about that or they will continually have trouble. Besides, there is no way that a solenoid controlled CO2 injection system contributes to stabilizing the pH. When the solenoid is activated the pH drops, when the solenoid closes, the pH rises. This destabilization has no bearing on plant health or fish health. What we should concern ourselves with is to maintain a stable CO2 level during the photoperiod, not a stable pH. Keeping the CO2 stable will go a long way in preventing some CO2 related algae.

A dedicated submersible pump can be used, especially if your filtration is weak, but this adds yet another piece of ugly equipment inside the tank, which is an anathema to many. Better to attach this system inline with your filter and to ensure that your filter throughput rating is high enough.

Cheers,

The ph controlling part is irrelavent as I only wanted a diagram of the instalation of the reactor.I will however be using a submersable pump as the aqua 1 filter has become noisy and the flow rate drops off rather quickly for my liking and my eheim filter is more than enough for my tank and the reactor would impede the flow on the eheim as the diamiter of the inlet and outlet of the reactor are too small for the flow rate to be anywhere near normal. ;)

Back