• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Calm river

zgmarkozg

hello everyone :)
here is my tank;
filtration haqos expro 1200
my first atempt of aquascaping
aquarium dimensions ; 80x37x40
DIY co2
lighting: 2x T5 35 W grolux u aquastar
setup is 3 months old
comments and tips are wellcome :)
one more sry for my english ;)

sam_1142.jpg

u mean furtiliser?
it is PPS metode and CSM+B,and diy co2 for now, im learning for now about makro and micro elements and playing
i have alge problem so i dont dosing anithing for now (hair algae)
i am burning it with EC for now.

i have alge problem so i dont dosing anithing for now (hair algae)
Fertilizers do not cause algae, the source of the algae is more than likely the lack of CO2 as the DIY method is pretty unstable, you should dose 5ml per day EC and carry on dosing the ferts, you should also perform more frequent water changes, 50% twice a week at least and dose ferts and EC after each change! good luck!

these is one older pic with ricia in the midle, but i flip out and throw it out because alge was only on her.
btw thanx everyone for comments
i have potting, or dirt for flowers i dont know how u call it.
and its full with mikro elements.
ty for tip London dragon ;)

akvarij_1.jpg

you should dose 5ml per day EC and carry on dosing the ferts, you should also perform more frequent water changes, 50% twice a week at least and dose ferts and EC after each change! good luck!
5 ml?
btw i know that diy co2 is yust temporary solution. next month the botlle is coming.
on the botlle is writen 20 drops max (1 ml) - (EC botlle)
alge has shown after start dosing CSM+B, before i dose Profito.
i did a mehanical remove with tooth brush, dosing EC 1ml each day but 1:1 with water mix
water changes 20-30% every second day, for two weeks and alge didnt evan stagnated.
your tip is continue to adding furtiliser and dosing 5ml EC each day on 100 liter tank?
with 50% water changes?

no u didnt understand me
i was dosing macro (PPS methode)
59 g K2SO4
65 g KNO3
6 g KH2PO4
and micro (profito)
after i quit profito and start dosing CSM+B the alge start to grow, and than i stoped with micro,and dosing only macro for some time,
and now 10 days before i stoped with macro too.
u are killig me man,i am breking my fingers with english :D :D :D

2,3 ml macro in the morning and 2,3 micro after lamps are turned off, every day, but sundey.
If you see issues just double it, monitor for a couple of weeks and see how plants react, you have a lot of light on this tank also, without proper CO2 you will have issues, how long you keep them on?

how long you keep them on?
i started for 6 hours, and rasing a half hour every week,now i m on 9 hours and max will be 10 hours.

If you see issues just double it, monitor for a couple of weeks and see how plants react, you have a lot of light on this tank also, without proper CO2 you will have issues
plants looks great, u mean that i double dosing micro i macro?
btw i respect your care for me,and my alge :)

10 hours? Thats the problem.... i bet you never had algae when it was on for just 6 hours? Sort out proper co2 and ferts and then you should be able to start increasing the lighting period
as a matter of fact i did whan was only 7 hours, when i start dosing CSM+B was problem starts, i think that (fe) is problem, and my substrate below the grawel.and diy co2 definitely.
from today i will start dosing more of EC and see how will alge behave.
i will replay here further course
english = level ninja! :banghead:

i started for 6 hours, and rasing a half hour every week,now i m on 9 hours and max will be 10 hours.
Yeah that would explain it, go back to 6 hours and do what I advises above! ;) you will see your algae will go away!

Back