• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I remove the brace/trim on a fluval roma 200?

AquaRaver

Hi UKAPS, new member here 🖐️

I have a question - I have just got a second hand roma 200 and the front glass is terribly scratched (I got tank for next to nothing) but the rear glass is immaculate, can I remove the plastic bracing and turn it around 180 so the back glass becomes the front?
(I will be putting the bracing back on before I fill with water)
I have to do it this way rather than turn the tank around as the bracing has a cutout for the pipework. Has anyone removed this bracing before and is it just a case of pulling it off or is it sealed?
Any help would be massively appreciated

Last edited:
The general rule is that if your fingernail catches in the scratch, its probably far to deep for cerium oxide polishing.

The general rule is that if your fingernail catches in the scratch, its probably far to deep for cerium oxide polishing.
These are real bad scratches, I assumed it probably wouldn't work but its should be good for other tanks, thank you

Can you not just reverse the tank so you see the good side,l know they have cut outs for cables but not so much a visible impact l would have thought. My Aqua one 980 is badly sratched but cannot see any when it's filled and running,but yours seem seriously scratched

Can you not just reverse the tank so you see the good side,l know they have cut outs for cables but not so much a visible impact l would have thought. My Aqua one 980 is badly sratched but cannot see any when it's filled and running,but yours seem seriously scratched
I could flip the tank around but the pipework would be coming out the front if I did. If I removed the lid I could do it but I would rather have the lid on.
I have no patience so I removed the trim/brace earlier with no issues, it just popped straight off and I flipped it round with no issues, I just had to prise the fluval sticker off as well and glue it to what is now the front. Case closed :)

It's the 125, long story l had it given to me when helping a fellow aquarist out. I got asked to rehome his fish when he got ill and the tank became a chore Then his wife insisted l have the tank,filter etc, l said l would try sell it for them but she insisted l keep it which l was reluctantly grateful

It's the 125, long story l had it given to me when helping a fellow aquarist out. I got asked to rehome his fish when he got ill and the tank became a chore Then his wife insisted l have the tank,filter etc, l said l would try sell it for them but she insisted l keep it which l was reluctantly grateful
Nice! Its a good tank.
I will say though that the 200l is not the same as 125, it doesn't have a brace so not sure if taking the brace off on the 200 is a good idea

Back