• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you identify this plant plz

Frenchi

Hi ppl
I really want to use a lot of this plant in my tank but don't know what it is, could you guys tell me please and also advise me where to get a good few bunches from
It's the small leaf plant which you see the most of in the pic

Thanks

Mick :)
qyge9eja.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to use a lot of this plant in my tank but don't know what it is, could you guys tell me please and also advise me where to get a good few bunches from
It's the small leaf plant which you see the most of in the pic
It looks like it is a Java fern attached to the hardscape. Some-one else should be able to give you an idea of which cultivar.

cheers Darrel

It looks like it is a Java fern attached to the hardscape. Some-one else should be able to give you an idea of which cultivar.

cheers Darrel
I thought java fern .. I do have some but mine is much bigger leaf, I like that small leaf
Thanks

Hi Frenchi
To be honest, I don't think this is Micr. pt. 'Narrow'.........it looks smaller in leaves, and not so - well : "narrow".
There are really incredible lots of different varieties of Microsorum pteropus on the market, so a definite ID is impossible, from this pic, sorry!!
You can achieve this lok by using 'Narrow', though - but if you want even smaller leaves 'Trident' will be better. And I have to mention, too, that several miniature variations of Micr. pt. exist.
No Microsorum can be regarded "fast growing", but most will produce offspring on edge of leaves, identical to mother-plant. These can be carefully removed and placed where you want new plants.

Yes that looks like it definatly thanks for that :)
I'll try and source a good few bunches now :)

Back