• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can't get CO2 system running again!!

samboco

Hi all,
After breaking my tank down to do a clean and re-scape I'm struggling to get my CO2 system to start up again. Its a FE and regulator through bubble counter into UP atomiser which was working perfectly before I did the re-scape. I didn't touch where the tubing enters the atomiser but I did have to re-attach the tubing to the bubble counter, after much effort I got the bubble counter connections nice and air tight. What is now happening is the CO2 starts bubbling through the counter and begins to push the water in the airline back towards the atomiser.....and then the bubbles stop. I can feel pressure in the line from the reg to the BC but not in the line after the BC. I don't understand why the CO2 seems to suddenly fail to continue along the line. If i alter the CO2 output pressure at the reg it doesn't make any difference. I also can't understand why a system which worked fine before no longer works!

ANyone got any ideas why and how I can get it working again? its so frustrating!

Diffuser sounds blocked, probably after drying out. Try soaking it in a thin bleach/water solution overnight then thoroughly rinsing and soaking overnight again in a water/dechloronator solution.
If this doesnt work itll probably mean a new diffuser.
Cheerio,
Ady.

or maybe your bubble counter is blocked/cracked? Odd how pressure stops here.

Hi folks,
Thanks for getting back to me. I had tried opening the needle valve but to no avail unfortunately.
@ady, if the diffuser was never removed from my return tubing is it likely to have dried out? there is still water in the airline from the diffuser to the bc. I might see if i can get a flow of water to come down the airline.

hogan53 said:
Try it without the bubble counter first.
hoggie
I use this technic for pretty much everything...strip the system down to the bare minimum, see i it works and add extra elements one by one...you should quickly spot where the problem is...if it refuses to work with only the basics then at least you will have managed to reduce the source of the problem to 2 or 3 elements...
Good luck

Back