• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can't get on with glass

aliclarke86

For the life ofe I cannot get on with lily outflow pipes I just can never get the flow right and end up back on spray bar...... they look great and all but well maybe I'm doing something wrong....:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Get glass inlet/outlets with spray bar!

Yeah I did look at glass spray bar but to get a 45cm one I think it worked out about £100 I am definatly keen but need to save for that and probably buy it in secret :rolleyes:

Ime you need more than 10x turnover to get the best out of lilies.

I have 10x easy but I just find so many dead spots. I just spent the last 3 hours playing about but ended up putting spray bar back on. I guess it depends on the layout too..

I think that's gonna be the plan. I just bought a new eheim experience 350 and the flow is great but I not have black spray bar (taken from JBL) and it just doesn't do the tank justice :mad: I know I have seen a thread on day spray bars now just need to track it down! I want to make a nice bend aswell

DIY spray bars sound really easy to make but you do need some skills, drilling a straight line of holes is indeed very tricky to do free hand!
Making a neat end cap & a neat bend the other end is not as easy as some folk can make it look!
However it is also not really difficult either, using pipe bending springs is not something I like to use because it can leave nasty creases in the pipe but it certainly makes bending pretty easy.
Using a drill stand helps no end with lining up the holes & making an end piece can be achieved with patience.
Cleaning up the holes from the inside of the pipe can be awkward too and getting the right amount of heat to bend the pipe need some experience or trial & error but it is all good fun at the end of the day ;)

I made an acrylic spray bar and drilling holes straight def was hardest bit. I capped the end with a piece of clear plastic cut to size and silicone in place. I bought acrylic inlets and outlets on ebay as I didn't want to faf about and waste money doing it wrong. They are just like the eheim crook inlet and outlet but clear. They just arrived and a pic is on my Africana journal. I will attach the spraybar to the crook with a bit of clear tubing.

Reactions: tim
they look pretty nice. i need something small as tank is only 30cm deep..you have a link for the seller?

Back